ROBESON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
• Doctorate Degree from an accredited college or university required
• Minimum of 5 years of senior level community college leadership experience or equivalent
Desired Traits & Characteristics:
• An understanding and appreciation of the proper relationship between the Board and the President.
• A visible leader who is accessible to all constituents within the colleges and greater communities and works well with students, faculty, classified staff, and administration.
• A visionary who is creative and open to people and to new ideas who can lead the college and community into supporting the college mission.
• An innovative and creative leader committed to academic excellence and student success, possessing the ability to inspire and motivate faculty and staff to fulfill their responsibility to the maximum extent while providing high quality and accessible programs and services to students.
• A record of decisiveness and good judgment in decision making that has led to effective and efficient advancement of the organization.
• Evidence of ethical, fair and honest leadership.
• A proven commitment to using the talents and skills of faculty, staff, and other stakeholders in collaborative decision-making processes.
• A demonstrated ability to use collaborative leadership skills to build and implement effective plans that include actively supporting the development of partnerships between the College, business and industry, other educational organizations, cultural entities, and civic organizations throughout our service area.
• Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to instill in others a passion for the mission and a commitment to the core values of the College and respect for its traditions and past success.
• An administrator of high integrity who sets high standards for his/her self and others and expects full accountability.