Motorcycle Safety: Basic Riding & Street Skills
Course Hours: 22
This weekend course is specifically designed for those with no motorcycle riding experience, yet advanced enough to increase knowledge and riding skills of advanced riders. The course consists of class work and riding exercises on motorcycles provided by the college. Upon satisfactory completion of this course you will receive a waiver for the skills portion of the NC DMV license test. The North Carolina Safety Education Program requires 100% attendance.
Course Note: $131.40 Tuition includes required student accident insurance.
- Be able to locate and operate motorcycle controls.
- Be able to select and use protective riding gear.
- Be able to perform a pre-ride check of the motorcycle.
- Perform basic riding skills such as mounting, starting, riding, with proper posture, using friction zone, riding in a straight line, shifting, turning and stopping.
- Understand and apply street strategies for safe riding.
- Practice evasive maneuvers to avoid accident.
- Operate motorcycle safety in special riding situations-wet roadways, carrying passengers and/or loads, and handling the motorcycle under adverse conditions.
The schedule is as follows:
- Friday 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Sunday 7:30am – 5:30pm
This course and the instructors are certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF).
For more information please contact Timothy L. Sampson at (910) 272-3604.