The Surgical Technology Program adheres to the general admission requirements as set forth by Robeson Community College (See RCC Catalog and Student Handbook) and specific Surgical Technology selection requirements. Surgical Technology Program admission applications must be submitted in January, in order to be considered for admission the next academic year. Applicants completing all requirements for the Surgical Technology Program after the application deadline may resubmit their applications/packet for admission following the subsequent year. Students will be responsible for being in compliance with any changes that occur in the admissions process for the next enrollment cycle. Interested applicants should contact:The Office of Admissions
Robeson Community College
PO Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359
(910) 272-3342 or Admissions
Admission into the Surgical Technology Program is competitive and only qualified applicants will be considered and granted provisional admission to the program. Consequently, a student who meets all requirements may not be accepted into the program due to limited student capacity.
Applicants requesting enrollment into the Surgical Technology Program must:
- Complete all RCC admission, placement testing, and course requirements.
- Complete the Health Sciences Surgical Technology Admissions packet by the specified deadline. Students must have a 2.8 GPA or higher to obtain a packet from Student/Counseling & Career Services.
- A minimum grade of “C” is required in all general education courses that are part of the Surgical Technology curriculum.
- Only college credit earned in the past ten years will be considered and only science and math courses earned in the past five years.
- All students who are accepted into the Surgical Technology program are required to attend program orientation. If a student fails to attend program orientation, the student’s acceptance may be withdrawn.