Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the admission criteria?
- What is the TEAS®?
- Can credits from other institutions be transferred to RCC?
- Do applicants have to be Nursing Assistant I certified before admission?
- How do I find out more about Financial Aid?
- 1. What are the admission criteria?
- Admission into the nursing program is competitive and only qualified applicants will be considered and granted provisional admission to the program. Applicants requesting enrollment into the nursing program must:
- Complete the RCC Admission, testing, and course requirements.
- Complete the selected Test of Essential Skills – TEAS with competitive scores as indicated on the “admission ranking” packet.
- Complete the Health Science/Nursing Admission Ranking packet by the specific deadline. Packets may be obtained from Student/Counseling & Career Services.
- Complete BIO 168 prior to admission with a C or higher and be certified as a Nursing Assistant I with the State of North Carolina without substantial findings.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater to be considered for admission
- 2. What is the TEAS?
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills- TEAS® for short- consists of four sections. Mathematics, Reading, Science, and English and Language Usage. A review of basic concepts and theories in each area is recommended. ATI has tow products, the TEAS® Study Manual and a TEAS® Online Practice Assessment, available to guide your review and provide feedback about your study progress.
- 3. Can credits from other institutions be transferred to RCC?
- Yes, depending on the course. For further information on credit transfer, please contact the Admissions office.
- 4. Do applicants have to be Nursing Assistant I certified before admission?
- Yes. Students are required to be Nursing Assistant I certified prior to admission. Please review the Program Requirements page for further information. If applying and you need Nursing Assistant I, please contact Admissions to find out the course schedule for upcoming opportunities.
- 5. How do I find out more about Financial Aid?
- Begin with contacting RCC Financial Aid office at (910)272-3352. Utilize College Foundation for additional information www.cfnc.org