Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What do you do in a medical office?
- Medical office workers are trained to provide proficiency in the medical office in the areas of checking patients in and checking patients out, verifying insurance coverage and general office operations.
- 2. Do you have to know how to draw blood?
- No. The medical office basically has two staffing areas; office administration which include the staff receptionist, medical office manager, etc. and the clinical staff which include the medical providers, nurses, phlebotomists, etc.
- 3. What are the hours?
- The hours may vary. Medical Offices, 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. or if you work at a hospital, the hours may be according to the hospital staff schedules.