Frequently Asked Questions
ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE
- 1. Do I need any prior experience with Electricity or Electronics to start the program?
- Absolutely not. Prior experience is not necessary. Your instruction will at a basic level beginning with the fundamentals. From there your training will advance in steps allowing you to develop the skills necessary to grow into a technician.
- 2. What kind of salary can I expect when I graduate?
- The expected salary range for Electrical/Electronic positions in the local area is $25,000-$52,000 per year
- 3. After graduation, can I transfer my classes to a University so that I can continue my education?
- Yes. The Associate Degree program may also provide the first two years of a four year Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (BSET) program, Industrial Technology program, or similar programs.
- 4. Can I take classes at RCC while still in High School?
- Yes. The Electrical/Electronics Technology program is a partner in the Early College program which allows High School students to attend College classes while still in High School. Contact your High School Guidance counselor or Robeson Community College for more details.