Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many hours are required to complete an Early Childhood Associate Degree?
The number of hours required to complete an Early Childhood Associate Degree is 66 credit hours.
2. Is there flexibility in course offerings?
Course offerings are quite flexible. Dependent upon your need, you may take courses during the day, early afternoon, evenings, or online.
3. What career choices would I qualify for with this degree?
Upon completion of the Early Childhood Associate degree, students will have the opportunity to work in child development and child care programs in a variety of positions. These programs include, but are not limited to, preschools, public and private schools, recreational centers, Head Start Programs and before and after school programs.
4. How do I decide which of the Early Childhood Tracks to complete?
The track that you choose will depend on the job you plan to acquire in the future.
- The Early Childhood Administration Track will provide you with the educational requirements needed to work in administrative positions in child care to include owner/operator, director or assistant director.
- The Early Childhood Articulation Track will provide you with the coursework required to transfer to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNCP) in their Birth-Kindergarten program. The completion of this degree at UNCP will provide you with the opportunity to work in a preschool or kindergarten setting. For additional information, please contact the Birth-Kindergarten Department at UNCP.