Robeson Community CollegeWelcome to Lumberton, North Carolina sign

Graduation Information

Are you ready for graduation? YOU should be the first to know. It is your responsibility, not your advisor’s and not the registrar’s, to be the person who is best informed about your academic standing.

When you applied to RCC and/or when you were admitted into your degree program, you were assigned a program and catalog year. In your catalog you will find the program curriculum for ASSOCIATE DEGREES, DIPLOMAS, and CERTIFICATES. If you have lost your RCC catalog and handbook cd, you can view our archive of catalogs on line.

Can I refer to any RCC catalog? No. The catalog under which you entered represents your “contract” with RCC. Students are allowed a maximum of five years to complete a program. If a student fails to complete a program in a five-year period, he/she will be required to follow the current general catalog. Also, if a student fails to remain continuously enrolled (i.e., is out two consecutive semesters), he or she will be required to follow the current catalog. If you are not certain which catalog is “yours,” check with your advisor or someone in the Registrar’s Office.  You can also run a program evaluation on your active program in WebAdvisor and the output will identify the catalog year.

Know what you are shooting for……
For each curriculum program in the catalog you will find a the curriculum outline. Each required course will be listed. You can track progress in your degree or diploma program by crossing off each course listed in the curriculum description that you have successfully completed.  You can also find program requirements listed on the home page of your academic department.

Not sure which courses you have completed? If you are currently enrolled, you can print an unofficial transcript of your academic record in WebAdvisor. Be sure to select “curriculum” from the drop-down list.  Tip:  You can also run a program evaluation in Degree Audit and let WebAdvisor do much of the work for you!

 What is a “successfully completed” course? It depends on your program and what you intend to do with your degree. For a college-level course to be accepted as a transfer credit at another institution, you will need to earn a grade of “C” or better. Some programs may require a “C” or better for certain courses that are deemed critical to the major.  Please note:  If you earned a “D” in a course, Financial Aid may not pay for you to re-take it.

While it may be possible with a handful of majors to graduate with a few “Ds” in your record, you must have a combined grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher on all curriculum course work in order to graduate. There are exceptions to this rule of thumb. For example, the Associate Degree in Nursing requires students to earn a “C” or better on all core courses in the major. You can find more detailed information about graduation requirements and standards of acceptable academic progress in the general catalog. Your program grade point average (GPA) can be viewed in WebAdvisor when you run a program evaluation on your current major.

Keep in mind that no more than 25% of credits transferred in can be applied toward a degree or diploma.

If you believe you are within two semesters of graduating, you should apply for graduation in the Registrar’s Office.