Robeson Community College sponsors career services activities for currently enrolled students, alumni as well as for prospective students interested in attending RCC. A variety of services are available.
Students seeking an academic major are encouraged to attend workshops sponsored by Counseling and Career Services to determine their interests, values, skills and personality type. Students may take a series of computerized on-line personality tests that allow students to assess their career-related needs, complete interest inventories and research various occupational fields online. Students are encouraged to stop by and met with a counselor for assistance with questions and concerns they may have about their career interests and resources available in our career center.
LEARN ABOUT YOURSELF
-through assessment inventories to identify your strengths, interests and values
- CAREER KEY computerized career exploration program
- Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Career Interest Inventories
- Other Career Development Activities
LEARN ABOUT CAREERS
-through links listed below to other career services such as..
- NC Employment Security Commission
- NC Community College System
- Public Schools Info Net
- Career Resource Center Career References
- The Monster Board
- Career Builder
- Job Web
PLAN YOUR CAREER GOALS
-through career workshops on such topics as…
- “Career Devleopment-How to Find the Right Career”
- “How to Interview for Career Information”
- “Not Sure of Your Major? – Try This Approach”
- Additional workshops presented upon request
Career Counseling provides students…
- individual interpretation of inventories
- planning a career path
- exploring your career options
For more information about Career Services, to review career literature or to take a personality test, please contact Danford Groves at 910.272.3335 email@example.com.