To be eligible for the STEM scholarship program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be citizens of the United States, nationals of the United States (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), aliens admitted as refugees under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence;
- Receive Federal Financial aid based on financial need, as defined by the US Department of Education rules for undergraduate students.
- A GPA of at least 3.00 or higher.
- SAT/ACT Math minimum scores 550/22
- Be enrolled full time in a program leading to an associate degree in one of the STEM disciplines. Enrollment must be full-time for each semester a student receives a scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients, who change to a major outside of the STEM disciplines or fail to complete the “designated requirements” of the program, will be required to repay Robeson Community College the full amount of the STEM scholarship received.
- The following is a list of STEM disciplines that are eligible
- biological sciences (except medicine and other clinical fields)
- physical sciences, including physics, chemistry, astronomy, and materials science;
- mathematical sciences;
- computer and information sciences;
- technology areas associated with the preceding fields (for example, biotechnology, chemical technology, engineering technology, information technology, etc.)
* Designated requirements will be based on the academic major and program requirements as outlined by the scholarship review committee and student mentor.
Fostering Science and Math Scholars in Rural North Carolina defines STEM using the guidelines established by the National Science Foundation (NSF). For More Information, visit www.nsf.gov