CAMPUS ALLIANCE FOR NATIVE AMERICAN STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (CANASA)
Objectives of the CANASA Program is to:
- Recruit Native American students through distribution of Alliance information.
- Provide accurate and relevant financial aid information to prospective students.
- Provide increased access to technology for efficient financial aid application by prospective students.
- Provide a supportive community through activities of an extracurricular organization.
- Continue needed academic support through the resources offered at the Learning Center on RCC’s campus.
Our Goals are to:
- Increase the number of Native American students enrolled by 10%.
- Establish a Native American Student Organization and a Native American Resource Center.
- Increase retention of Native American students by 15%.
- Increase graduation or completion of Native American students by 15%.
By raising campus awareness of Native American history and culture, relationships necessary to support a positive learning environment will be strengthened making college a pleasant experience on the way to life achievement.