All faculty, staff and student vehicles shall be registered and shall display a current RCC parking decal. Hang the decal on the rear view mirror post. The serial number MUST face outward. The decals are issued through the Institutional Services Office located in Building #2 and must be renewed annually. A decal must be displayed on all vehicles to be operated on campus. If a decal is lost or stolen, it should be reported immediately to the Institutional Services Office in Building #2.
1. It is the operator’s responsibility to keep his/her vehicle properly registered with the college at all times. To register a vehicle you must obtain a vehicle registration form from the Institutional Services Office located in Building #2. When you return the completed form, show your vehicle registration card, student ID, and your validated RCC Registration Receipt demonstrating that you have paid the Campus Access and Security Fee, to the RCC representative.
2. One vehicle decal will be issued per vehicle registered. Vehicle registration will be cross-referenced to student enrollment records and employment records. Termination of current enrollment or employment will terminate vehicle registration.
3. The Institutional Services Office will be notified of any change in enrollment
or employment status by the appropriate office or department
1. These regulations constitute the traffic code of Robeson Community College and shall be applicable to all faculty, staff, students and any other persons operating a motor vehicle on RCC owned or controlled property.
2. Traffic regulations are enforced at all times.
3. RCC reserves the right to regulate the use of any and all of its vehicle parking facilities to the extent of:
a). Denying vehicle parking privileges to an individual or group of individuals.
b). Reserving vehicle parking facilities for the exclusive use of selected and designated
individuals and/or groups.
4. The responsibility for locating legal parking spaces rests with the operator of the motor vehicle.
5. Non-enforcement of any specific regulation does not negate RCC’s authority to enforce that regulation in the future.
6. RCC reserves the right to amend these regulations and to add, remove or re-allocate parking spaces as the need arises. These changes, if any, will be effective with the posting of signs and/or markings as appropriate and will be communicated in college publications.
7. Robeson Community College assumes no responsibility for any vehicle or its contents while it is operated or parked on campus property.
Driving and Parking Regulations
1. Areas posted “No Parking” shall be enforced at all times.
2. The maximum speed limit on campus is fifteen (15) miles per hour unless otherwise posted.
3. Vehicle movement on campus is not to be obstructed by stopping or standing for any reason except to park.
4. Driving or parking on lawns or walkways are prohibited.
5. Pedestrians shall be given the right-of-way.
6. All accidents involving motor vehicles shall be reported to the Coordinator of Facilities and Security, Office located in Building #2.
7. Vehicles illegally parked or abandoned on campus will be towed away and placed in commercial storage. Towing and storage charges shall be borne by the owner of the vehicle.
8. Parking on or over white lines used to separate parking spaces is a violation.
9. Individuals with repeated violations may be prohibited from driving or parking on campus.
10. The following areas are off limits to general vehicles: loading and unloading areas, walking trails, shop ramps and enclosures, etc. Only maintenance, security, and grounds keeping vehicles may use these areas.