1. UPON NOTIFICATION OF A LOCKDOWN, follow these procedures:
2. LOCK all exterior doors. If there is no lock on the door – move heaviest object in front if possible.
3. CLOSE windows and blinds. STAY AWAY from all doors and windows, move students towards walls away from doors. SHUT OFF LIGHTS.
4. DO NOT OPEN exterior doors for any reason until an “all clear” is received over the mass notification system.
5. DO NOT USE the telephone system to request information (follow pre-determined protocol).
6. SILENCE all cell phones. Do not call friends or family members and possibly endanger them until an “all clear” message is received.
7. COMMUNICATE ROOM STATUS (I.E., RED/GREEN CARDS).
Building Protocol: Included with the lockdown procedure is a red and green card. Slide the green or red card under the door to indicate room status:
Green Card-Room is secure, Ok Red Card -Medical Attention is Needed
8. CARE FOR THE STUDENTS IN YOUR SUPERVISION.
Calm and reassure upset students.
Use the attendance sheet that was included to record attendance.
Use supplies in emergency kit as needed or necessary. (If available)
9. BE QUIET! Wait for further instructions.
10. INSTRUCTIONS will be communicated via One Call Now system and/or Mass Notification System.